The Black Sheep Pub & Restaurant seeks a chef who would like to bring comfort to the world through British Food.
We really need you to be able to do the following:
◦ Replicate the food on the menu and make it better through your culinary expertise.
◦ Create specials that make patrons mouth water.
◦ Create a team in the kitchens that understands your vision, loves the food we serve, and strives to get their best to the patrons every time.
◦ Manage all the regular duties of hiring, training and scheduling all the folks in your kitchen, You’ll need to spot talent, bring them along, understand the difference between a stern word and cutting remark, and that an encouraging word works better sarcasm.
◦ Manage kitchen budget so that it turns a profit.
◦ Work within the systems already in place and make them better.
◦ Do the paperwork, yeah, every place has some and we are no exception. We need you to do it right and on time.
◦ Comply with federal, state and local health sanitation regulations and company and department sanitation policies, and HACCP guidelines to ensure efficient, safe and sanitary food production, preparation and presentation. In other words, don’t kill anyone, and make everything look good.
Some number of years of culinary management experience required. You have to have run a kitchen at some point in your past either as a sous, kitchen manager or chef. Included are all the titles as a sous a huge restaurant may fit with us as well as a chef at a small place.
Depends on your experience. $45,000 base plus percentage bonus based on food served minus costs and labor (historically up to $75,000 annually). Opportunities for equity ownership available on a stepped schedule. We believe in a 40 hour work week and try to balance work with life.
Please send resume either through the website or stop by The Black Sheep to drop it off. While you are there, pick up our overly long and detailed application. We would love to see your face and shake your hand.